ACCREDITATIONS AND TRADE MEMBERSHIPS
Integrated Management System - Accreditations;
ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management System
ISO 14001:2004 - Environmental Management System
BS OHSAS 18001:2007 - Health & Safety Management System
British Safety Council
Freight Transport Association
Chartered Institute of Waste Management
INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS POLICY STATEMENT
Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd is committed to complying with the statutory obligations placed on it by regional, local, national and European legislation.
Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd. Is firmly dedicated to continual improvements in quality, environmental and health & safety performance, achieving high operational and Quality Standards, and in exceeding statutory requirements wherever reasonable and practical.
This Policy meets or exceeds the requirements of the International Standards: BS EN ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems - Requirements), BS EN ISO 14001 (Environment Management Systems - Requirements with guidance for use) and BS OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems - Requirements). All employees are made aware of the requirements of the IMS through appropriate communication, training and development.
Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd, through its commitments to this policy has set the following key goals:
- Set objectives for quality, health & safety & environmental management and review performance against these targets annually.
- Comply with Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd Health & Safety Statement of Intent.
- Implement the necessary management and financial measures to reduce and ultimately prevent the occurrence of accidents and near miss incidents.
- Assess the environmental sensitivity of our processes and the impact on local, regional and global environments.
- The prevention of pollution.
- To increase levels of recycling to minimise the need for disposal by landfill.
- Make continuous efforts to minimise the environmental effects of Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd's operations with regard to the economically viable application of best available technology.
- Communicate this policy to all Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd. employees and interested parties
It is the responsibility of all Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd employees to support and apply the requirements of this Policy.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE STATEMENT OF INTENT
Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd is committed to ensuring that practical and effective measures are in place to protect the health, safety and welfare of our employees, contractors, clients, and others affected by our operations and the community where we live and conduct our business.
The implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the Company Health and Safety Policy shall be the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer. Competent persons will be appointed to assist us in meeting our statutory duties including where appropriate, specialists from external organisations.
The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment from all employees of the organisation, from Directors to the staff. Each individual has a legal duty to take reasonable care to ensure their own safety and that of others who may be affected by either their acts or their omissions
(Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, sections 7 and 8).
Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd, through its commitment to this policy has set the following objectives:
- To avoid harm to health and injury from its operations and those of contractors employed by the Company.
- To ensure that contractors working on its behalf apply health and safety practices acceptable to Oran Environmental Solutions Ltd.
- To prevent all injuries in the workplace.
- To establish and maintain safe working procedures.
- To comply with all legal requirements and obligations in respect of health and safety.
- To have regard for all Approved Codes of Practice (ACoPs) and other guidance material.
- To provide an effective system of communication on safety related matters.
- To provide health and safety training to ensure that employees are conversant with the regulatory requirements and to enable them to work in a safe manner.
- To provide to all levels appropriate training, and retraining where necessary, in the skill and knowledge required for each individual operation or activity.
- To maintain an effective system for monitoring, reviewing and improving health and safety performance.
- To supply Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which provides protection to Statutory and Industry accepted levels against the tasks expected to be undertaken.
- To provide safe and maintained plant and equipment.
- To involve management and employees in the application of this policy and to ensure accountability, at all levels, for health and safety performance.
- To provide control mechanisms, in so far as is reasonably practical, to minimise the risk to health in connection with the transportation, storage, handling and use of substances hazardous to health.
This policy will be regularly monitored to ensure that objectives are achieved, reviewed and, if necessary revised in the light of legislative or organisational changes.